Throughout scripture, God is described as a shepherd and the deputizer of under-shepherds to care for those who are vulnerable. It is normal for people to need intentional and strategic care and support to move through barriers. God expects the ‘body’ to care for those needing help in their midst.
At Two Rivers, we have two lines main lines of care:
First Line of Care
Our first line of caring community includes the following spiritual environments to facilitate care and breakthrough.
- Worship Services – where worship, teaching, and opportunities for prayer and next steps are routinely offered.
- The Well – which offers an opportunity to linger and listen in an atmosphere conducive to encountering God, AND the opportunity to receive a personal listening prayer or healing prayer session.
- Growth Groups – that are designed to offer a high level of care, support and encouragement to move forward towards health and growth.
- Training environments, tools and resourcing for personal breakthrough.
Second Line of Care
The first line works well for most people most of the time but at some point in their lives every person will need more in-depth help, encouragement, or counseling. Our second level consists of one or more of the following, depending on the situation:
- Short Term Pastoral Counseling (4 sessions or less initially)
- Stephen Ministry
- Professional Counseling Referral
- Acts 2 Ministry – financial guidance, support and training ministry.
- Recovery Ministries (including Recovery Current and Healing Hearts).
- Cleansing Ministry – A 6 week equipping process that culminates in a cleansing process that includes confession and repentance of sins; the closing of doorways that were opened to give Satan influence; surrender to the Holy Spirit’s leading; the declaration of God’s truth; and prayer requesting God’s restoration, blessing, provision, and protection.
- Cancer Care - Cancer Care support group is for anyone who has been impacted by cancer. If you are currently dealing with the disease or know friends & family that are, you are invited to join us every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, in the Dock building (modular building located to the left of our main church building) Everyone is welcome to attend!
- Divorce Care - Meets Thursdays @ 6:30pm in the Prayer Chapel.
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction Recovery - If you or someone you care about is struggling with an addictive issue, come join this open and safe group. Mondays 7:00-8:30 pm in the Fireside Room.
- Purity - Men of Integrity - Confidential support and accountability group for men struggling with sexual temptation and purity issues, including but not limited to Internet pornography, affairs, strip clubs, same-sex attraction. Weekly meetings typically included Scripture teaching, discussion of CD or study book that group is currently using, and accountability check-in time. Men of Integrity is a group for men seeking victory over any kind of sexual temptation. Find freedom, forgiveness, and honest accountability. New members are asked to make a six-month commitment to the group because these problems are not solved overnight.
Who Is Care Ministries For?
Care Ministries is for everyone in the body. We expect that 100% of the body will be involved in the first line of community at all times, but also that they will need the second line at some point in their lives. If you are investigating care beyond the first line then it is probably a good time to talk to a pastoral staff member.
You can contact Dave Benner, Pastor of Care Ministries at 865-777-2121 ext. 312, or email@example.com, or contact Bart Pederson at 865-777-2121 ext. 304 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.